The Archipelago Of Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial fan forum for James A. Owen's brilliant series 'The Chronicles Of The Imaginarium Geographica'

HomeSearchLatest imagesJames A. Owen's Official WebsiteRegisterLog inLet's introduce Skydancer Announ10

Let's introduce Skydancer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Skydancer
Visitor

Let's introduce Skydancer Empty
PostSubject: Let's introduce Skydancer   Let's introduce Skydancer I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 11:42 pm

Well,

it's kind of unusual for me to write my posts in english 'cause I'm used to post in german, but I'll try my best Very Happy

First of all: I like these smileys Surprised
Second: I read the Chronicles a long time ago. I remember reading it in my bed - I was sick and had otherwise nothing else to do. I liked the ending very much cause it was very surprising; the evil guy (whose name I have forgotten No) inspired me to write a story of my OWN, so the Chronicles were important for my progress in writing.

Today, I tried to re-read the first book (I tried several times) but it's impossible. Every time I begin I can tell you what is going to happen next - cause I can remember most of the setting while reading. So I stopped at the Morgaine and continued to read George Martin (3rd book).

Another point I want to mention: The story of the Chronicles is fast going. The professor gets killed (I hope this is no spoiler), Jack John and Charles meet, Bert pops up and two pages later they need to escape some wendigos. And I kept thinking about the professor's death (cause this part seemed important to me).

I like the style pirat It's easy to imagine the story and maybe the Chronicles seem to be fast-going because I read George Martin who loves to describe every meal at the feast and who is going to eat what (so, there are MUCH more details).

I think I'll try to re-read the Chronicles some years later - but this won't keep me away from writing for this forum king

( tongue )
Back to top Go down
Chiara
Principal Caretaker
Chiara

PostSubject: Re: Let's introduce Skydancer   Let's introduce Skydancer I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 12:56 am

Hi, Skydancer! Nice to see you Smile Now we are.. three ;D

Have you read the whole series ro just the first two books? Beause there are seven of them. However, only the first two books have been translated into German. So if you don't mind reading them in English - do it! They only get better Very Happy

Last edited by Chiara on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sillemima.jimdo.com
Skydancer
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Let's introduce Skydancer   Let's introduce Skydancer I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 7:16 am

Thank you for the warm welcome, Chiara cherry

I confess, I have only read the first two books. It's like you said - part one and two were translated into german and also to be found in our city's library but the following books hadn't been purchased for the American's Library (as it is called), so I was not able to read them.

I believe the other books to be well written with many surprising tides and turnings in the history, as it turned out to be in the first book. I'll spend some time in searching for e-books after reading George Martin (have to know the ending!!!!), promised Razz

Greetings

Skydancer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's introduce Skydancer   Let's introduce Skydancer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's introduce Skydancer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Archipelago Of Dreams :: The Forum :: New Members-
Jump to: