Unofficial fan forum for James A. Owen's brilliant series 'The Chronicles Of The Imaginarium Geographica'

HomeCalendarFAQSearchJames A. Owen's Official WebsiteMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Because of CotIG, I can't help giggling at something...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
186FleetStreet
Frequent Visitor

PostSubject: Because of CotIG, I can't help giggling at something...   Thu May 19, 2016 4:36 pm

So, apparently Jack based the Professor in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe on John.

But what's funny, to me at least, especially after reading CotIG, is that in the 2005 movie adaptation of the book, the Professor looks kinda like Charles...

(And on a related note, I also find it funny that the 2005 adaptation was directed by Andrew Adamson, and the whole story revolves around the fact that the Pevensies are Sons of Adam and Daughters of Eve in Narnia...)
Back to top Go down
http://themagines.tumblr.com/
Chiara
Principal Caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Because of CotIG, I can't help giggling at something...   Thu May 19, 2016 11:40 pm

Well, actually, that's not exactly true. Jack based Elwin Ransom from his Space Trilogy on John, although also on Charles in the last book. Digory Kirke, however, is based on himself.

But how does the Professor look like Charles in the movie? I don't see that at all. What exactly do you mean about his appearance?

“Power, true power, comes from the belief in true things, and the willingness to stand behind that belief, even if the universe itself conspires to thwart your plans. Chaos may settle; flames may die; worlds may rise and fall. But true things will remain so, and will never fail to guide you to your goals.”
Back to top Go down
http://sillemima.jimdo.com

Because of CotIG, I can't help giggling at something...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Archipelago Of Dreams :: Friends Of The Archipelago :: Favourites and Random thoughts-
Jump to: